Monzer Hourani named one of ENR 2020 Top 25 Newsmakers
ENGINEERING NEWS RECORD – Last March, when COVID-19 was reaching pandemic proportions, Monzer Hourani was 76 years old—an age well past retirement for many. Not so for the medical real estate developer whose company, Medistar Corp., had a roster of projects underway that would have overloaded a person half his age.
Emerging Technology Awards honours Medistar Corp.’s filter
Medistar/IVP is excited to announce being honoured with the
ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Emerging Technology Awards for 2020!
2020 Emerging Technology Awards
The 2020 Mechanical Engineering magazine emerging technology awards are honoring innovations that responded in some way to the COVID-19 pandemic.
IVP kicks off Reopening America campaign to safeguard workplace air quality and enhance HVAC infrastructure in office buildings across the US
IVP hosted an event in Wilmington, Delaware, marking the first corporate office building to implement the world's only COVID-killing Biodefense Indoor Air Protection System™ to enhance their HVAC infrastructure. Wilmington's Mayor and leading innovators, scientists and engineers were in attendance at the event that demonstrated how science and technology are leading businesses through this public health crisis and getting Americans back to work.
New Results from Study: Sub-second heat inactivation of coronavirus
Three coronaviruses (CoVs) have now caused global outbreaks within the past 20 years, with the COVID19 pandemic caused by SARS-CoV-2 still ongoing. Methods that can rapidly inactivate viruses, especially CoVs, can play critical roles in ensuring public safety and safeguarding personal health. Heat treatment of viruses to inactivate them can be an efficient and inexpensive method, with the potential to be incorporated into various human-occupied spaces.
Long-distance airborne dispersal of SARS-CoV-2 in COVID-19 wards
Evidence suggests that SARS-CoV-2, as well as other coronaviruses, can be dispersed and potentially transmitted by aerosols directly or via ventilation systems. We therefore investigated ventilation openings in one COVID-19 ward and central ducts that expel indoor air from three COVID-19 wards at Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden, during April and May 2020. Swab samples were taken from individual ceiling ventilation openings and surfaces in central ducts. Samples were subsequently subjected to rRT-PCR targeting the N and E genes of SARS-CoV-2
While there are many air purification devices on the market, the Biodefense Indoor Air
Protection System™ is the only device proven to destroy airborne SARS-CoV-2, the virus
that causes COVID-19 (99.999%) instantaneously, in a single pass.
Cleaner Air and Safer Schools
Filter Animation of the World's Only Biodefense Indoor Air Protection System™
IVP Technology Featured in Materials Today Physics, July 2020
"Our team of top US researchers from Texas are the first to show actual Coronavirus can be destroyed instantly in the air with an innovative biodefense filter: 99.999% of airborne SARS-CoV-2 viruses and 99.98% of anthrax spores.
This breakthrough technology can provide hope to help extinguish and contain COVID-19 immediately, while protecting against future pandemics and biological threats around the globe.”
Garrett K. Peel, MD, MHS, FACS, Founding Partner,
Integrated Viral Protection
• The Biodefense Indoor Air Protection System™ filter kills actual SARS-CoV-2 and anthrax spores, in a single pass,
as reported by the Galveston National Laboratory in Materials Today Physics, July 2020.
• The new technology is low cost and ready for deployment to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and can be quickly retrofitted into commercial and residential HVAC systems and for mobile, venue, home and solo (personal/travel) units.
The flow rate (CFM) is designed to move air at the same rate of flow recommended for effective filtration and hospital air flow circulation.
• The heated filter does not significantly impact ambient temperatures as air passes, as reported by University of Houston Superconductivity Center of Texas, and is safe and effective for installation into existing HVAC systems for home and commercial use.
• The new Biodefense Filter System combines all modalities that have been proven to kill coronavirus and gives extra levels of security to help extinguish the current pandemic and provide protection against future airborne spread.
• HEPA, UV, PECO or oxidative technologies that make claims of mitigating airborne transmission are not effective in “catching and killing” coronavirus or other biological species instantly. These options alone are expensive and limited by the duration of exposure needed to be effective, and pose a risk when mixing circulating air.